From February - May 2013, I spent an incredible 3 months as a Photography Agency Intern in the heart of Manhattan.
Here's what I go up to...

Thursday 4 April 2013

The Polis (NYPD)

The police presence here in New York is unbelievable. Thousands throughout the streets and after about 9pm, I think we've seen them in each subway station we've been through, lingering and keeping an eye out for the nutters.

We had a 20minute wait in a Queens station one night and we started talking to a couple of 'cops' after we asked what would happen to us if we kicked a plastic coke bottle 10metres onto the street below...

They were good guys and told us a few stories and places to watch out. One claimed he was Irish, when I think he was the most American man I've ever met in my life... But turns out its because his great grandfather was Irish.





No comments:

Post a Comment