From February - May 2013, I spent an incredible 3 months as a Photography Agency Intern in the heart of Manhattan.
Here's what I go up to...

Sunday 28 April 2013

Brooklyn Bridge & The East River ferry


On Thursday I had a day off at the agency, and decided to go out and enjoy the sunshine! One thing I desperately needed was a haircut... As my hair resembled a garden hedge. So I decided to go to a hairdressers in Brooklyn, where Willie had his cut a few weeks earlier.

Got off the subway a mile or so from the bridge as I wanted to walk along the water front. Found an amazing spot to have a BBQ in future, with unbelievable views of Manhattan. The parks are amazing here and very well looked after with great sports facilities and some with free to use BBQs!

The hairdresser was closed... Typical. But luckily there was a barber in the building next door. Felt a stone lighter after losing that much hair, and decided to get the ferry home.

The East River ferry runs all day and costs only $4. Luckily, we have a stop only 2minutes from our flat which is great for getting to Brooklyn. The views from the ferry are unbelievable. Great day!


BBQ area at Brooklyn Park.


The Brooklyn Bridge.


About to board the East River Ferry.


Williamsburg Bridge.


Old streets.
Stunning views of the skyline.

No comments:

Post a Comment