From February - May 2013, I spent an incredible 3 months as a Photography Agency Intern in the heart of Manhattan.
Here's what I go up to...

Sunday 14 April 2013

Graffiti in Chelsea

I love walking around New York and discovering hidden works of art painted on the sides of building or on cars, garages or even trains... There's a certain charm about the graffiti/wall art here in New York that you just don't find with a lot of Scottish graffiti. In Scotland you would usually find local gang slogans like 'YMD' or clever insults, such as 'HEARTS R S**T' spray painted in the middle of the street, in handwriting similar to that of a 2 year old. It annoys me!

 Chelsea is a very artistic and trendy area in the city, known for it's small art galleries , specializing in all forms of art. To see buildings painted like this is very common, and I feel they fit the surrounding area so well.





No comments:

Post a Comment